I can’t do the starting chain anymore, I have to do a foundation crochet as my first row which is a little tricky when it comes to shells and other lacework. However, I keep forgetting how to join in the round without leaving the little gap at the bottom. So I thought I’d write it down.
– Do 1 fdc less than your pattern calls for
– YO and hook into foundation chain
– pull up a loop (3 loops on hook)
– without twisting the work, insert hook into the very first chain created at the very beginning of your fdc row
– YO and pull through 2 loops (3 loops on hook)
– YO pull through 2 loops twice to keep the final fdc
– slip stitch to join